Maseno University Repository

Factors affecting performance of trade unions in Kenya

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Christine Anyango, Nelson Obange, Evans Abeka, Gerald Ochieng Ondiek, Odhiambo Odera, Mary Evelyn Ayugi
dc.date.accessioned 2020-12-07T15:28:36Z
dc.date.available 2020-12-07T15:28:36Z
dc.date.issued 2019
dc.identifier.uri https://repository.maseno.ac.ke/handle/123456789/3340
dc.description.abstract rade unions have been used to settle disputes between members and management, the implementation of changes and securing adequate representation of members in government, public and private sector. The objective of this research was todeterminefactors affecting performance of Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT). The research was a cross-sectional survey done in Nyando District, Kisumu, Kenyausing structured and unstructured questionnaire administered to KNUT officials and the teachers. Sample size used was 352 comprising of 341 teachers and 11 KNUT officials. Face to face interview technique was adopted for this study and descriptive statistics was used to analyse the data. The findings of this researchindicate that only 71.6%of the teachers are members of KNUT, the remaining 28.4% arenot.The factors affecting performanceof theunion were observed as financial, declining membership, political interference among others and this has worsened the performance of the union in the district en_US
dc.publisher World Scholars en_US
dc.subject Kenya, performance, trade union, human resource, management en_US
dc.title Factors affecting performance of trade unions in Kenya en_US
dc.type Article en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search Maseno University Repository


Browse

My Account